Fatigue is the commonest symptom experienced by people and the worst treated symptom by conventional medicine. This is why this section is so large! Chronic fatigue syndrome is a particularly severe form of fatigue, but everyone, including trained athletes. can improve their energy levels, performance and efficiency by applying the principles in this section.
As we age we all develop fatigue - again applying all these principles helps us to slow the normal ageing process.
- As always the starting point is The general approach to maintaining and restoring good health.
- The bolt on extras for fatigue include diet and fermenting gut (fuel in the tank), sleep (regular service time), mitochondrial function (the engine of your car), hypothyroidism (the accelerater pedal) adrenal function (the gear box), detoxing (catalytic converter and exhaust pipe), methylation cycle (tool box) Edge Effect (driver of the car) etc.
- People often ask me what are their chances of recovery - see Chances of recovery
- A new page has been set up called Useful aids for CFS sufferers. The title is self-explanatory. If you would like to share your good experience with an aid or gadget, please let me know and I will add it to the list.
Pages in category "Fatigue"
The following 96 pages are in this category, out of 96 total.
- CFS - can be caused by chronic infection
- CFS - Catastrophe theory: why we get into and how we get out of CFS
- CFS - my book "Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"
- CFS - Psychological or Physical?
- CFS - The Central Cause: Mitochondrial Failure
- CFS - The Methylation Cycle
- CFS - treatments which are not worth trying
- CFS Ability Scale - a rough measure of how disabled you are
- CFS and Adrenal gland problems - why they occur
- CFS and Anaesthetics
- CFS and Pregnancy
- CFS Checklist - start off and check your treatment regime here
- CFS or depression - what are the differences
- CFS/ME - my book Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Myalgic Encephalitis
- CFS/ME support organisations
- Chances of recovery
- Chronic infection – Life is an arms race – how to tackle with natural remedies
- Chronic infections in CFS
- Chronic viral presence in CFS/ME
- Co-enzyme Q10 in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Common Hormonal Problems in CFS - Adrenal
- False Allegations of Child Abuse in Cases of Childhood Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) – essential reading if you are a parent caring for a child with CFS/ME
- Fermentation in the gut and CFS
- Fibromyalgia - possible causes and implications for treatment
- Food allergies - a common cause of lots of symptoms, including fatigue
- Magnesium - treating a deficiency
- Magnesium and B12 injections - what to do if you get better with them?
- Magnesium and B12 Injections - what to do if your GP refuses to give
- Magnesium by injection - the only way to guarantee getting magnesium levels up in the body
- Magnesium by nebuliser
- Magnesium Per Rectum
- Managing Energy Levels In CFS - systems analysis approach
- Medical Abuse In ME Sufferers (MAIMES)
- Metabolic inflexibility
- My book "Sustainable Medicine - Whistle-blowing on 21st century medical practice"