Chemical poisons and toxins
Modern Western life styles mean we are inevitably exposed to chemicals - the followingis a check list toskim through to.
- sheep dipping,
- spraying agricultural chemicals (farming, market gardening),
- being sprayed by tractor or helicopter and spray drift (adjacent homes),
- insect control “squeeta betas”,
- contamination of water supplies,
- working in a chicken farm (fumigation, control of parasites),
- working in the sea of factory farmed salmon in Scotland (where chemicals are used to control fish lice),
- repeated head lice treatments,
- house fumigations for flea control or bed bugs,
- insect control in hot countries with DDT, OPs etc,
- control of sand flies (Gulf War Syndrome),
- greenhouse fumigations,
- working in a research plant centre where chemicals were weekly used to prevent cross contamination,
- ‘A’ level student doing a biology project with pesticides,
- carpet factory where fleeces are washed after sheep have been dipped,
- lorry driver delivering OPs to farmers,
- Government Inspectors in sheep markets,
- dairy farmers daily exposed to OPs for fly control in the milking parlour,
- poisoning through exposure to dumped cans of sheep dip,
- welders working in a factory which was manufacturing OPs, imber treatments in houses,
- treatment of external parasites in dogs, cats, cows (OP pour ons) and so on,
- firefighters poisoned by burning chemicals,
- formaldehyde leaking from cavity wall insulation
- flower industry (lots of chemicals on flowers),
- timber treatments and handling treated timbers,
- airline pilots exposed to organophosphates used in engine oils (which allow oils to work at high temperatures) see www.aerotoxic.org
- cabin staff on airplanes using pesticides to prevent inadvertent import of foreign insects,
- DDT used to treat infestations (possibly misdiagnosed as polio).
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Poisoning from un-burnt hydrocarbons such as oil, gas, coal and wood. Free standing gas heaters are a particular hazard! These poisonings goes under the misnomer carbon mon-oxide poisoning. Actually the carbon monoxide is just a small part of the problem – yes – this certainly causes acute symptoms, but the long term poisoning arises from the toxic VOCs from unburnt hydrocarbons!
- Aerotoxic syndrome – this arises because cabin air is pulled in over the engines and possibly contaminated with unburnt fuel and organophosphates used as oil improvers. See www.aerotoxic.com
- Vehicle exhaust fumes
- Solvents used in carpets – new carpets are particularly pernicious! This together with poor ventilation is probably the main cause of sick building syndrome.
- Printing inks
- Cleaning agents - bleach
- Disinfectants – these often include formaldehyde or other such related compounds.
- Sterilising agents – “Milton”
- Cosmetics – many are toxic especially hair dyes
- Mercury from dental amalgam is the biggest single problem!
- Nickel we often see blocking biological enzymes (from stainless steel saucepans, jewelry)
- Vaccinations are a mixture of heavy metals with viral/bacterial particles and I see many cases of CFS following vaccination
- Lead, cadmium antimony, arsenic
- Depleted uranium in the Gulf War Veterans
- Natural Resources Defence Council - If you have any doubts about what I am saying, have a look at this wonderful website!
- A Generation in Jeopardy - How pesticides are undermining our children’s health & intelligence A report published by the Pesticide Action Network North America in October 2012
Sarah Myhill Limited :: Registered in England and Wales :: Registration No. 4545198
Registered Office: Upper Weston, Llangunllo, Knighton, Powys, Wales LD7 1SL, UK. Tel 01547 550331 | Fax 01547 550339