|Test Details for Ordering|
|Laboratory||Biolab Medical Unit|
|To order this test, please, go to Ordering Tests. |
Please, make sure you have read When not to use this website to ascertain whether having this test is an appropriate and safe course of action for you.
Please, note that this test forms part of the Mitochondrial function profile. There is no need to order it separately if you are having the Mitochondrial function profile.
Co-enzyme Q 10 is a co-factor on which depend some vitally important mitochondrial enzymes involved in the production of ATP and thus energy inside each cell. It is the most important electron donor and receiver in Krebs citric acid cycle, which is fundamental to all life forms. This makes it a vital molecule in oxidative phosphorylation. It is also the most important antioxidant inside mitochondria and plays a signficant role in situations of oxidative stress.
The kit for this test includes a gold topped blood tube, a plastic blood tube carrier and a plastic bag for sealing the sample, a request form and a pre-paid envelope for sending the sample to the laboratory.
- Make arrangements to have a blood sample taken
- Make sure that your name, date of birth and date sample taken are correctly entered on the blood tube
- Make sure all the necessary details are correct on the laboratory request form.
- Post the samples in the packaging provided making sure that the laboratory request form is enclosed with the samples.
- Do not post the sample on a Friday
- Please note that there is an additional interpretation fee for my letter to your GP. See Ordering Tests for more details.