How to contact us
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT JULY 2015
CURRENT SITUATION WITH RESPECT TO TEST REQUESTS
Please note that due to Dr Myhill’s extremely heavy workload the following policies will apply as of 1st July 2015:
1. Patients who have had a face-to-face or telephone consultation with Dr Myhill may order any test they wish and have an interpretation of such as long as they’ve had an appointment or regular
contact within the last 3 years.
2. ‘Correspondence only’ patients (i.e. those who have never spoken with her at a consultation) may only order repeat tests or a test that has been recommended in a letter from Doctor Myhill and
have an interpretation of such – no other tests sorry.
3. All test requests from non-patients are currently suspended.
Please watch this space for updates.
I believe this is due to the recent book we published about CFS. This book is available to buy from my online shop Sales at Dr Myhill: CFS - it's mitochondria, not hypochondria and many answers lie within!
If you need help from a doctor, then please go to the website of the British Society for Ecological Medicine to find a doctor interested in and practising environmental medicine.
END OF SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
The idea of this website is to provide people with all the necessary information together with access to tests to allow them to treat their own illnesses by identifying the underlying processes that are resulting in their ill health. The majority of people that follow this route recover without consulting me directly.
I will do my best to offer new patient consultations to people who have got stuck along the way because their problem does not resolve simply. However if I am overloaded, as is usually the case, then go to the list of practitioners of Ecological Medicine by visiting the website of The British Society for Ecological Medicine (BSEM). A list of such practitioners (who specialise in allergy, environmental and nutritional medicine) is also published on this website – Practitioners of Ecological Medicine.
This combined approach is the most time efficient and cost efficient way of helping as many people as I can! Much of the basic approach (see The general approach to maintaining and restoring good health) does not require medical input and many people recover their health simply by putting these recommendations in place.
If you find your problem is not addressed by this website, please let me know so I can put in the relevant information.
Acute medical problems
Please, do not send me inquiries about acute medical problems, i.e. sudden serious symptoms. I am not in a position to reply to each query personally and give medical advice. I am the only doctor in my practice and cannot be available 24/7. If you are experiencing unusual or new symptoms which worry you, you must report them to your GP/medical practitioner and/or to your local hospital Accident and Emergency Department.
You can contact me or members of my team by:
- General administrative questions, such as requests for appointments - Caroline or Nicky (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- Financial enquiries - Laura (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Supplement orders, prescribable medication orders, inquiries about availability of supplements and medications - Helen (email@example.com) If your order is for supplements only then it will be much quicker and easier if you visit my Online Shop and place your order that way - please see - Sales at Dr Myhill Online Shop
- Letters of support for DLA, ESA etc. - Caroline
- Test Queries - Rosie (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Typing and letter queries - Gail (email@example.com )
- Appointment queries - Julia (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Your medical/clinical questions, can be sent to me - Dr Sarah Myhill (email@example.com). I may be able respond to very brief questions directly, but if your query is complex and I need to review your file before dictating my advice, then I shall pass your enquiry on to my secretaries for practical arrangements. There is a standard fee for this service, which is £55 per 15 minutes of my time - you must trust me to be honest with timekeeping!
It is worth bearing in mind that answers to very many questions can be found on the pages of this website and/or in my recent book Diagnosis and Treatment of CFS - it's mitochondria, not hypochondria
- Letter to: Dr Sarah Myhill, Upper Weston, Llangunllo, Knighton, Powys LD7 1SL
- Telephone - the office number is 01547 550 331 Monday to Friday 10:00 am to 12 noon
- Fax to 01547 550 339