Recipes for Stone Age diet
More often I now prescribe the ketogenic diet - please see Ketogenic diet - the practical details and My book The PK Cookbook - Go Paleo-ketogenic and get the best of both worlds
Coconut cream (By Me!)
- One 400ml tin of coconut milk (not coconut milk in a carton which is too dilute).
- 100ml of coconut oil (less if you want a softer cream)
- Sunflower lecithin 1 tspn.
All ingredients need to be slightly warm so the oil is an oil and not semisolid. Whizz up for 30 seconds in food processor. This emulsifies the oil and mixes it perfectly with the milk to a consistency of thin single cream. Put in fridge and it sets to clotted/double cream consistency.
A dollop of coconut cream in coffee is a real treat!
If you want a coconut yoghurt then do all the above with 400ml of fermented coconut milk.
Flax seed /linseed loaf (Also By Me!)
Mix together the following dry ingredients:
- 100g Flax meal – very finely ground
- 20g Ground Almond
- Half a teaspoon of Salt
- Half a teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda
- PLUS OPTIONAL TO TASTE -
- Cinnamon or
- Cardamom or
- Cumin seeds/powder or
- finely grated courgette or
- finely grated lemon rind or
- Oregano (or other herbs & spices)
In a separate bowl, mix together:
- 2 eggs
- One third of a cup (approx. 80-90ml) of water or kefir
- one third of a cup of olive (or sunflower) oil
Then add the dry ingredients to the egg/water mixture and mix together well.
Line a 1 lb loaf tin with greased parchment/greaseproof paper Bake at 150°C for 50-60 minutes. Remove from oven, remove paper and cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate if you intend keeping it for more than 1-2 days.
An easy version of the above available from Sukrin Bread Mix Low Carb and Free from Gluten and Wheat Free Sunflower and Pumpkin seeded Bread Mix comes highly recommended!
Low carb ground almond slice
Emma Charlton gave me this recipe - useful for spreading things on!
- 5 Cups Ground Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 1 1/2 Cups Of Pure Dairy Free Butter
- 4 Free Range Eggs
Mix dry ingredients together ( almond flour, salt and B Soda )
Mix wet ingredients together with electric whisk ( dairy free butter and eggs )
Stir wet ingredients into dry with wooden spoon, until a sticky mixture is formed ( dough like )
Take a small hand full of mixture, roll into a ball, then flatten between hands ( should make about 16 )
Lay on a non stick baking tray or on kitchen foil
Cook on 150 C for about one hour or until turning golden brown. Obviously the longer you cook them, the harder they will be. Leave to cool then store in fridge.
You can toast them, eat fresh from the fridge, or,my favourite, warmed in microwave for about 15 - 20 seconds, then served with raspberries, blueberries and ice cold coconut kefir. If you are feeling naughty, you can warm it up with one square of 85% dark chocolate, it's really filling.
And a whole lot more great recipes, tips and ideas!
Another of my patients, Sally Phillippe, has produced a fantastic collection of recipes for the Stone Age diet and for anyone with a fermenting gut. Enjoy!
In addition, Sally has produced this very helpful and succinct guide for my patients who are following the fermenting gut diet.
Sally has also produced these following helpful guides, whose titles are self explanatory:
- Hints and Tips for eating the Stone Age Way
- Labour Saving Ideas for those on the Stone Age and Fermenting Gut Diets
- Meal Suggestions for The Stone Age Diet
- Meal Suggestions for The Fermenting Gut Diet
- Foods allowed on Dr Myhill's Diets - this file summarises the foods allowed on the Stone Age Diet, Aerobic Bacteria Fermenting Gut Diet, Yeast (Candida) Fermenting Gut Diet and Anaerobes Fermenting Gut Diet
- Key differences between The Stone Age Diet and a Paleo Diet
Another patient, Georgina Cook, has put together a collection of 7 yummy recipes for the Stone Age Diet
Sarah Myhill Limited :: Registered in England and Wales :: Registration No. 4545198
Registered Office: Upper Weston, Llangunllo, Knighton, Powys, Wales LD7 1SL, UK. Tel 01547 550331 | Fax 01547 550339