Joint Mix - nutrition for healthy joints
[UPDATED JULY 2022]
The idea of this mix is to provide “bolt on” extras to the Standard Nutritional Supplement Regime (see Nutritional Supplements). That is to say, everyone should take the standard recommendations of multivitamins, minerals (Mineral Mix), essential fatty acids and vitamin C and D. This mix supplies the supplements that I know to be effective in arthritis and osteoporosis. The hope is that the combination of them all will be even more powerful.
The Joint Mix contains the following ingredients:
- Glucosamine – the raw material for making cartilage.
- Silica in an organic form – this was developed by the head of the French Forensic Police Service as an excellent alternative to the non-steroidal anti-inflammatories. It was perceived to be a serious rival to this class of drugs and the good doctor Le Ribault was ostracised as a result – he now works in Ireland. Silica is required for connective tissue metabolism and “cross links” tissues making them tougher and more elastic (also present in arteries, where it protects against arteriosclerosis). It seems to stimulate collagen and mucopolysaccharide production – the “shock absorbers” of joints. Organic silica helps to get rid of aluminium from the body.
- Boron – I have been using boron for years and know it to be an excellent treatment for arthritis. It is necessary for normal calcium and magnesium metabolism.
- Vitamin D3 – this is necessary for the absorption of calcium and magnesium. It also ensures these minerals end up in bone and not in arteries or kidney stones and gallstones! The daily dose is roughly the equivalent to getting 30 mins of Mediterranean sunshine daily. But if sunshine is available, do get it as well! Vitamin D is very safe – no toxicity has ever been seen in people taking up to 10,000 i.u. daily. I like everyone to take 2,000 i.u. daily and I often use up to 10,000i.u. daily for vitamin D3’s anti-inflammatory action.
This mix is available as capsules with minimal fillers and can be bought from my online shop Joint Mix.
Each capsule contains:
- Glucosamine (from Sulphate) 200mg
- Boron (elemental) 2mg
- Vitamin D3 500 iu
- Organic Silica (elemental) 42mg
AND Ingredients required for encapsulation:
- Maltodextrin 170mg
- Silicon Dioxide 5mg
- Magnesium Stearate 20mg
- Vegetable Capsule
The daily dose is 2 capsules per 3 stone body weight.
Finally, do remember that must exercise, if you can - see Exercise - if you don't use it you lose it. Make sure you do daily exercises – even very gentle work outs, such as Pilates, can make a huge difference. See also Exercise - the right sort If you have CFS/ME, see Exercise - the right sort in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Also consider a physio or osteopathic consultation since minor changes in posture can also help considerably! Initially you may experience some pain with exercise and this can be worked through - no pain no gain! But pain is Nature's way of flagging up damage - mild damage is necessary to stimulate new muscle and bone. But too much pain may signal inflammation which creates more damage and may result in reflex muscle spasm, which worsens the pain. Listen to your body!
- Nutritional Supplements
- Exercise - if you don't use it you lose it.
- Exercise - the right sort - 12 minutes a week is sufficient to do the job!
- Exercise - the right sort in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Joint Mix
- Sales at Dr Myhill - my online shop for all the nutritional supplements I recommend on these pages.
Sarah Myhill Limited :: Registered in England and Wales :: Registration No. 4545198
Registered Office: Upper Weston, Llangunllo, Knighton, Powys, Wales LD7 1SL, UK. Tel 01547 550331 | Fax 01547 550339