Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis with parasitology
|Test Details for Ordering|
|Test||Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis with Parasitology - Genova Lab|
|To order this test, please, go to Ordering Tests. |
Please, make sure you have read When not to use this website to ascertain whether having this test is an appropriate and safe course of action for you.
There is no need to use a courier service if returning samples to the laboratory within the UK - simply use Royal Mail 1st class service or Next Day Guaranteed delivery. However, if you wish you can use the service offered by Genova Diagnostics, called Streetwise courier service. The test kit will have details of that service and the paperwork. Genova Diagnostics will charge you for this service. Current Streetwise delivery fee payable to Genova Diagnostics is £12.
This test gives an idea of how well foods are digested and absorbed, gives some products of gut fermentation, looks for blood in the stool, gives counts of bacteria and yeast, identifies those organisms which should not be there and lists antibiotic and/or antifungal preparations, both herbal and drug, to which that micro-organism is sensitive. It also looks for parasitic micro-organisms such as amoeba, blastocystis hominis, cryptosporydia and giardia lamblia and suggests possible treatment options.
The stool analysis is carried out at Genova Diagnostics in the USA.
This test is performed on three stool samples.
The kit for this test includes: collection tubes, collection cups, detailed instructions, plastic bags for sealing the samples, a request form and a pre-paid envelope for sending the samples to the laboratory in Surrey.
- Collect the samples by following the instructions enclosed with the test kit.
- Make sure that your name, date of birth and date sample taken are correctly entered on the sample tube.
- Make sure all the necessary details are correct on the laboratory request form.
- Post the sample using 1st class Royal Mail service or Special Delivery Next Day service in the packaging materials provided, making sure that the laboratory request form is sent along with the samples. There is no need to use a courier service if sending samples within the UK, but if you wish you can use the one offered by Genova Diagnostics – Streetwise courier service. Current delivery fee payable to Genova Diagnostics - is £12.
- Please note that there is an additional interpretation fee for my letter to your GP. See Ordering Tests for more details.