Correspondence by email
- If you choose to correspond with my office by email, please, ensure that the email addresses of my secretaries are added to your "safe addresses" list. We have now had many cases of messages with attachments (my letter and your results) not reaching the recipient's Inbox. Around the time when your letter is due, you should also check your JUNK and SPAM folders, in case the message was diverted there.
The email addresses from which your letter and results are most likely to be emailed are:
- The tests on this website are only available to UK residents. The only exception is the Mitochondrial Function Profile, which is available worldwide.
- If you are sending blood samples for the Mitochondrial function profile from otuside the UK, please read the page Mitochondrial function profile for overseas CFS sufferers - how to get it done
How do I order tests?
The ordering process is as follows:
- Fill in the appropriate medical questionnaire.
- There are two versions to choose from and you will find them from the Medical questionnaires page.
- List the test(s) you wish to order.
- The questionnaire is also your order page. At the bottom you will find a space where you will list the test(s) you want by copying and pasting the relevant details from the test page(s). The questionnaire gives more details of how to do this.
- Send the completed medical questionnaire including the test order to my office.
- Email: Hania on email@example.com Please, enter TEST ORDER in the subject of your email.
- Fax number: 01547 550 339
- Postal address: Upper Weston, Llangunllo, Knighton, Powys LD7 1SL
- Calculate the cost of your order and make the payment. (see below for details)
- If you have any questions about the ordering process or the availability of tests not listed on this website, please send your enquiry to Hania.
Turn around times - important points to bear in mind
- Most test kits are posted from my office with Royal Mail. Some are posted directly from the laboratory (such as Genova Diagnostics UK). We order these kits on receipt of your payment.
- There is no express service for the delivery of test kits.
- For UK addresses please allow up to 10 working days (a fortnight in real time) to receive the test kit(s) from the time your payment and your completed Medical Questionnaire are received at the office.
- For overseas addresses, allow longer as the length of time depends on the local postal services.
- Test kits will be posted/shipped to the address you have provided in the questionnaire, and not to your doctor.
Interpretation of test results
- I am a sole practitioner and divide my working time between consultations with patients, correspondence and analysis of test results. I am not able to offer an express service for the interpretation of test results.
- Most test results take 7 - 10 days to come back from the labs. Some, such as CDSA, take up to 3 weeks. It may then take 1 - 2 weeks for my letter of interpretation to be dictated, typed, checked and signed, ready for posting/e-mailing.
- For the interpretation of the results of the Mitochondrial function profile it may take up to 3 - 4 weeks from the time the results are received in the office. This depends on how many results are in a queue at the time.
How much will it cost?
Total cost of the service
- The total cost of the service is made up of
- the price of the test(s) ordered and
- the fee for my letter of interpretation and advice.
- please, note that there is a fee for CREDIT CARD payments. This is £3 for orders costing £150 or less and 2% of the value of the transaction for orders costing more than £150.
- Test prices are published on individual test pages.
- The word “interpretation” in the phrase “interpretation fee” is really a short-cut for “a detailed letter of advice based on the test result interpreted in the context of all the information provided to me in the questionnaire”. Consequently, the better the questionnaire, the more accurate my letter will be. My interpretation fee for one test (or for the first test in a batch of tests ordered at the same time) is £80. This will be the fee on the invoice and you will be asked to pay this and the cost of test(s) in the usual way before the kits are sent out.
- An important factor which affects the length of time I need to dictate my letter is the amount of information you send me. Naturally, I need more time to read a very detailed account of a long history of ill-health and review a considerable number of earlier NHS or private test results. The interpretation fee needs to reflect this. Once the result of your test is back, I will work on your file and if the work takes me longer than 30 minutes, there will be an additional fee .
- You will be asked on the questionnaire to confirm that you will meet such an extra interpretation cost.
- If you order several tests at the same time, I will write to your GP one letter discussing all the results. The fee for my letter will be: £80 for the first test result (as above) plus £20 for each additional test result.
- The examples below are based on current prices.
- In each case there is the proviso that the interpretation fee may be higher than the initial amount charged.
If you order one test only, for instance Thyroid profile: free T3, free T4 and TSH, then the total cost of the service will be:
- test price - £50 plus
- interpretation fee - £80
- Total - £130
If you order several tests together, such as, for instance:
- Co-enzyme Q10 at £44
- Thyroid profile: free T3, free T4 and TSH at £50
- Lymphocyte sensitivity to silicone at £81
- Short chain fatty acids at £48
- Adrenal stress profile - salivary at £74
then the costing will be like this:
- cost of tests - £297
- interpretation fee - £80 + 4x £20 = £160
- Total - £457
If you order several tests together, and one of them is the Mitochondrial Function Profile:
- Mitochondrial Function Profile at £230
- Thyroid profile: free T3, free T4 and TSH at £50 and
- Lymphocyte sensitivity to silicone at £81
then the costing will be like this:
- cost of tests - £361
- interpretation fee - £80 + £20 + £20 = £120
- Total - £481
Queries about the ordering process can be sent to Hania
How do I pay for the test(s)?
You need to pay in full for your tests and my letter of interpretation to your GP before my staff can send out any test kits. The following payment methods are available:
online BACS payment
- to Barclays Account Number 90234265, Sort Code 20.61.08
international bank transfer
- IBAN - GB06 BARC 2061 0890 2342 65
- SWIFTBIC - BARCGB22
When arranging a bank transfer, please ensure that all the bank charges for the transfer are paid from YOUR BANK ACCOUNT and not from the sum you are transferring. Otherwise, any bank charges deducted from the fee for the service ordered will be invoiced separately.
- We offer a secure payment option for paying with a credit or debit card – PayByLink. If you choose to pay for your test order by card, we will email you our invoice as well as a link to a secure page provided by CARDSAVE on which you will be able to enter your card details and make the payment.
- please, note that there is a fee for CREDIT CARD payments as set out above in Total cost of the service
payment by cheque
- Please, send your cheque and order details (name, address and tests ordered) to Sarah Myhill Limited, Upper Weston, Llangunllo, Knighton, Powys LD7 1SL. Cheques should be made payable to Sarah Myhill Limited
How to cancel your order?
If you decide not to proceed with your order for a test/tests please let the office know as soon as possible. I will refund the full cost of test(s) and the letter to your GP, less an administration charge of £10, providing that the laboratory has not already performed the test/tests.
Sarah Myhill Limited :: Registered in England and Wales :: Registration No. 4545198
Registered Office: Upper Weston, Llangunllo, Knighton, Powys, Wales LD7 1SL, UK.
Tel 01547 550331 (Office hours are Monday to Friday 9.15am to 3.00pm)
Fax 01547 550339 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org